NOTICE OF RACE
28th Annual Sail Oswego Labatt Blue Regatta
July 28-31 2016
Hosted by the Oswego Yacht Club, Oswego, NY
- The regatta will be governed buy the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing for 2013-2016 and the rules of PHRF LO.
- Entries will be divided into PHRF Flying Sails (FS), PHRF Non Flying Sails (NFS) and One Design.
- Five (5) entries are required to constitute a division. This requirement may be waived by the PRO.
- To enter a boat must have a current PHRF-LO Rating Certificate or be a boat eligible to receive one. When one is not available, a handicap will be assigned for a fee of $25.
- Entry fee is $135. A discounted fee of $125 will apply if participant is registered prior to July 21st.
- Mailed registration forms should be mailed to: Sail Oswego Labatt Blue Regatta, Oswego Yacht Club, PO Box 13, Oswego, NY 13126.
- Registration may also be completed Thursday July 28th 1700-2000 or July 29th before 0800 at the Oswego Yacht Club.
DOCKING/GIN POLE SERVICE
- Docking for registered boats will be available at the OYC dock.
- Gin Pole Service for dry-sailed boat will be available at OYC.
- Sailing instructions will be available at the Oswego Yacht Club during registration.
- A competitors’ meeting will be held at 0830 at the Oswego Yacht Club on Friday July 29, 2016.
- The warning signal for the first race of the Regatta will be made at 1000 hours on Friday July 29, 2016.
- Courses shall be windward-leeward with the number of legs to be determined by the PRO.
- A maximum of 7 races are scheduled. One race constitutes a series. Scoring will be in accordance with Appendix A of the RRS and the PHRF LO handicapping system and Time on Time scoring method. No race will be excluded. This changes RRS A2 and A4.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first three places in each Division, best OYC boat and the PHRF FS Fleet overall winner.
- Competition for Fleet Overall and Downing MemorialTrophy (best OYC boat is open to boats in one design and spinnaker divisions and will be scored as if all eligible boats were sailing in a single division for each race.
- The race committee will make on the water hails and announcements using VHF radio ch. 71 with alternate channel 69 at the PRO’s discretion.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- All competitors will sign a Disclaimer of Liability stating that they participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, dousing or after the regatta.
- Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $300,000 per incident or the equivalent.